Saturday, February 16, 2008

Forgot to Add

I forgot to write that I had another conversation (in French). This happened Friday night, when the 4 of us went to the neighborhood grocery, Ed (not Ed's, just Ed). I was in line with Ashley, and Liz and Andrea were elsewhere. When I was about to pay for my lone bar of Milka milk chocolate, the cashier (a young guy) asked how I was doing. I replied, "Et vous?" ("and you" in the formal sense). I definitely had a 13-year-old-boy-voice-crack while saying "vous", for which he promptly made fun of me. Wanting to make conversation, I said something like, "Oh, you only have 15 minutes of work left before you close." He said something about how he had a lot more than that to go. Then he asked if I wanted to close up with him! I didn't really know what to say, so I said something like, "I'm hanging out with my friends tonight, sorry".
I went to wait with Ashley for the others, and she asked me what he had said. I told her later.
I thought that that was so amusing it had to be shared.

No comments: